1. Very.co.uk – 30% off selected party dresses. If you have been eyeing up any of the natty numbers worn by Holly Willoughby on This Morning, now is the time to scoop them up.
But let’s not stop here. If you are a first-time customer, you can get an extra 10% off using the discount code 3N6ME if shopping on the site before 31 January 2014. That’s if you open a Very.co.uk credit account though. I would be very careful about doing that, because of the high interest rates and the encouragement to spend spend spend. Only open a credit account if you are a poster girl (or boy) for fiscal responsibility.
Here’s an easier way to get that additional saving at Very.co.uk, without opening a credit account: use Quidco! This is a cashback site with a great Very.co.uk deal on right now. If you are a Quidco member, from now until Sunday 8 December 2013 you can get 9% cashback on your fashion purchases if you are a new Very.co.uk customer. If you are a returning Very.co.uk customer, you will get 1% cashback. Quidco cashback is paid straight into your bank account.
And there’s more! Sign up to Quidco’s Christmas bonus scheme (just a click of the mouse) to get an additional 10% cashback. You are going to leave poor wee Holly out of pocket at this rate…
If you don’t belong to Quidco and would like to check it out, you can take a look or sign up here. I have saved almost £200 this year, mainly from MAHOOSIVE cashback payouts on home and car insurance.
2. Sainsbury’s – 25% off everything in the TU clothing range. As you know, I’m a fan of Saino’s clobber: it is decent quality at low prices. It isn’t available to buy online, but if you shop in-store you can get 25% off between now and Monday 9 December 2013. View the range here.
3. ASOS – up to 70% off a giant slew of party dresses. Use the code ATTFS to see if you can get an additional 30% discount – I haven’t tried it but as recently as Monday, shoppers were reporting that this code was working for ASOS UK.
4. La Redoute – 30-40% off all full-priced items. La Redoute has so many different deals and discounts running, I don’t know where to start. But right now (Wednesday 4 December 2013) there is a 24-hour flash sale running: 40% off brand fashion and 30% off everything else. Enter the code 8337 at the checkout. If you are too late for that deal, try the code 8330 to get 40% off the La Redoute Christmas collection. Failing that: new customers get £15 off the first order if more than £30 is spent. Check out the La Redoute dresses if you are pregnant and fretting that you will never find anything nice to wear this Christmas: the maternity collection is full of pretty frocks.
5. Jaeger – 20% off all women’s full-priced items. DANG I love Jaeger. I don’t tend to shop there because the new stuff is too expensive for a lady of frugal tastes, but the clothes are beautiful. But if you adore Jaeger as much as I do and you like to shop there, buy online before this deal expires on Friday 6 December 2013. (P.S. If you are in my boat, look on eBay instead: I’ve picked up lots of vintage Jaeger there over the years, from a cashmere mix sweater to a bright pink coat that everybody comments upon, for a song.)
…And here’s a bonus. If you are attending any super-plush dos this Christmas, but your budget is tight, consider renting a dress instead. Girl Meets Dress, the online dress agency specialising in high-end outfits, has nearly 350 designer frocks available to hire for less than £50 apiece. Use an exclusive Savoo code, 15SAVOO312, to get 15% off all orders for more than £29. This code expires on Sunday 8 December 2013.