Thank you for all the great feedback last week. As for this week… well, there aren’t many supermarket coupons floating my boat right now, but a number of promotional periods are coming to an end so perhaps I’ll have a fresh batch next week.
In the meantime, check these out:
1. Debenhams: £10 gift voucher for £5 at Mighty Deals. Your £5 will get you a £10 Debenhams “e-giftcard,” which can be spent in-store or online. From what I can see, it works for all departments at Debs. The voucher is valid for 30 days after purchase, but don’t hang about if you want to get this deal: the offer ends at midnight tonight (Tuesday 18 March 2014). The terms and conditions for Debenhams e-cards can be found here.
Now it is worth bearing in mind that in a manner of speaking, you can “stack” coupons and vouchers for department stores just as you can with groceries (such as the Fairy Liquid coupon, below). This isn’t the only Debenhams offer right now. From now until the end of the month, there is another promotional offer on: you will also be given a £5 Debenhams giftcard when you spend £30 or more in a single transaction. The details are here.
There is also a good sale on at Debenhams at the moment, with more than 1600 products discounted by 70% and more. You can view them all here. Play it right, and this could be the deal that keeps on giving. It’s worth bearing in mind, with Mother’s Day looming…
2. Free magazines with bottles and multi-packs of Diet Coke. Between now and 30 March 2014, you can get a free copy of LOOK magazine or NOW magazine with every purchase of a promotional pack of Diet Coke. Unique codes can be found on multi-packs of cans and also on 2-litre and 1.75-litre bottles. Visit www.dietcokefreemagazine.co.uk, enter your unique code, print the coupon and take it in-store to redeem.
3. Bargain basement MP3 albums at Amazon UK. Not really a coupon, but right now Amazon UK has more than 700 MP3 albums on offer at £1.99 each. They include Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, Kate Bush, The Doors, The Smiths, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, Madonna, Green Day, Aretha Franklin – you name it, it may well be here. Take a look.
There are also some good numbers in the free downloads section right now, including Johnny Cash, George Michael and Elbow.
4. Fairy Liquid for 20p a bottle. Use two coupons for this. The first one, you will find on supersavvyme. This is the Proctor & Gamble website I mentioned last week, which features a number of coupons. Right now there is one for 50p off a bottle of Fairy Washing-Up Liquid.
The second money-off offer is on a free phone app called Shopitize. You snap a picture of your receipt, upload it to the app and get cashback on selected products. Right now Shopitize also has a deal on Fairy: redeem 80p when you purchase a 530ml bottle of the lemon washing-up liquid from any major supermarket.
At the time of writing, all the big supermarkets are selling Fairy Lemon Washing-Up Liquid at £1.50 for the 530ml bottle. So with the two offers combined, you’ll get a discount of £1.30. Fairy for 20p isn’t bad. This is another one for which you’ll need to move quickly though: the Shopitize deal expires at midnight tonight.
5. 20% off at Hobbs. Hmmm yes. The amount I spent in Hobbs last week, while merrily waving this coupon, probably disqualifies me from writing a blog called “Miss Thrifty.” Anyway, you can find this one in the current issue of woman&home magazine. If you don’t want to fork out £4 for the magazine, go online and use the code WHMAR instead.
BONUS COUPONS: The latest issue of Morrisons’ in-store magazine is now out. It’s a free magazine, and you’ll find it at the checkout. This magazine isn’t stuffed with coupons, unlike some of the others (*cough cough Tesco*) but there are two decent ones. There is a coupon for 50p off Cushelle bog roll at the bottom of p.88, plus a coupon for 50p off Colgate Max White One Optic toothpaste on p.67.
Cut these out and add them to your stash: I wouldn’t use them right now, because neither of these products are currently on offer at Morrisons. But keep an eye out: there are regular deals on toothpaste and toilet paper, so time it right and you could net yourself a bargain or two. The Cushelle coupon is valid until 30 April 2014, and the Colgate coupon is valid until 30 June 2014.
P.S. Don’t forget that the deal to get discounted rail tickets, from last week’s Coupon Club, is still valid.