Three years ago, I posted about the thrifty versions of popular Cath Kidston wallpaper designs, available from Focus DIY and Wallpaper Direct. Since then, the world has moved on. Focus DIY doesn’t even exist anymore.
However that original post still gets plenty of traffic from people searching for cheap Cath Kidston wallpaper. Clearly, there’s plenty of demand for it out there. Actual Cath Kidston wallpaper costs from £20 to £150 per roll, which may have something to do with it…
Now a Miss Thrifty reader, Tania, has been in touch to let me know that Wallpaper Direct no longer stocks the range of lookylike wallpapers I featured the first time around. So it’s time for a 2012 version of this post, with up-to-date stockist information. The range of wallpapers featured in the original post were called Millie, and were made by a wallpaper company called Eden. Suddenly they are much, much harder to find. They are still out there, though, along with good lookalike designs from other manufacturers:
1. Opt for a red polka dot wallpaper from the Graham & Brown range at Wallpaper Direct. For £15 a roll you can choose from red, blue, pink or multi-coloured wallpapers, which look very similar to the Cath Kidston spot wallpapers.
2. This rose print wallpaper is from a range called Pippa, available at Wallpaper Direct. It is just £8.99 a roll. It is very similar to a Cath Kidston wallpaper design called Antique Rose.
Pink spot Pink polka dot wallpaper from the Graham & Brown range at Wallpaper Direct. £15 a roll.
4. This wallpaper is called Hoopla Pink Micro Chintz. It’s just £8.99 a roll, from direct wallpaper.
Blue spot Blue polka dot wallpaper from the Graham & Brown range at Wallpaper Direct. £15 a roll.
6. This red and cream rose wallpaper from the Millie range is £10.99 a roll, from wallpaperandborders.co.uk. It is the only surviving Millie wallpaper I have been able to find, so I guess this is around while stocks last…
7. Yellow polka dot wallpaper from the Graham & Brown range at Wallpaper Direct. £15 a roll.
9. Multi-coloured polka dot wallpaper from the Graham & Brown range at Wallpaper Direct. £15 a roll.
I hope this is useful. If you know of any other thrifty lookalike Cath Kidston wallpapers, do be sure to share them below – there are people who will thank you!