This is an exclusive deal for Miss Thrifty readers. If you would like to save money on your Christmas groceries bill, read on.
Throughout December mySupermarket.co.uk, which compares grocery prices and allows you to do online shopping at the main supermarkets all in one place, is trialling a new VIP progamme.
Once you are a VIP, you will get a £5 refund on every delivery charge paid on supermarket orders placed via the website.
In other words: get a £5 refund every time you have Christmas supermarket shopping delivered. You get it by uploading your receipt to mySupermarket and it is a fixed rate refund – so even if you pay a £3 delivery charge, you’ll still get a fiver back. Right now there is only one condition: that each shopping transaction must be £50 or more.
VIP status is by invitation only, and is being rolled out to selected mySupermarket members. However between now and 9 am on Monday 9 December 2013, mySupermarket is now extending VIP invitations to all Miss Thrifty readers who want them. [UPDATE: this deal has now expired, but you can still sign up for mySupermarket.]
Do you want to do Christmas food shopping online, without worrying about the high delivery charges? Then this offer is for you…
If you are new to mySupermarket, it is worth checking out. There are lots of vouchers (as above) and apparently, people using the site save an average £17 per shop.
Five ways in which I saved £££ using mySupermarket last month:
- Tub of Haagen-Dazs ice cream, reduced from £3.50 to £2 at Asda, with mySupermarket paying 20% cashback on top. So I got a £3.50 tub of posh ice cream for £1.60. Actually I might have made this purchase more than once…
- Twinings Everyday Teabags reduced at all supermarkets bar Waitrose, from £3.49 to £2. Because mySupermarket logs the prices of all products over the year, I can see at a glance that these teabags are currently the cheapest they have been since July. Time to stock up.
- Fizzy pop. I don’t usually buy it, but I am taking a couple of boxes of party food and drink when we go to visit our families this Christmas. So I picked up three 2-litre bottles of Coke Zero, reduced from £1.98 per bottle to £2 per three. There was also a mySupermarket cashback deal on this product, which basically gave me a free 2-litre bottle. So I have ended up with £2 spent, and a lot of Coke Zero in the house!
- Pringles – again, not something I buy usually, but one for my Christmas box. At Asda, tubes were reduced from £2.30 to £1. I see there is now a mySupermarket 20% cashback offer on Pringles, so you can get a tube of Pringles for 80p.
- Frozen broccoli! I thought I should add this in, given that the other bargains I have listed make me sound like the perfect contestant for The Biggest Loser 2014. I originally selected the supermarket own-brand bag, but mySupermarket flashed up an alert on-screen to say that a value version was available, priced at just £1 for 1kg of veg. The site also calculated how much money I would save if I went for the value bag. So I did.
How to become a mySupermarket VIP
1. Register with mySupermarket.co.uk. This only takes a minute. Register here (opens in new window).
2. Enter your email address below and press the blue ‘Subscribe’ button. (You will be sent a confirmation email.)
3. …Wait for email confirmation from mySupermarket.co.uk, oh Very Important Person! I will be sending VIP emails over to mySupermarket in batches throughout the week, and they are going to try and get everybody signed up as quickly as possible so we can all get shopping and saving. If you enter your email address above and receive nothing from mySupermarket within three days, please let me know ASAP and I will sort it out.
Please note that this exclusive sign-up deal runs from now until 9am on Monday 9 December 2013.
I have been a mySupermarket VIP for a few weeks now, so if you have any questions at all about the programme, just leave a comment below. As you can see, I have already been saving a lot of money with this site, so to get my delivery charges refunded – well, that’s the berry on a very big Christmas pudding.
Finally, this VIP invitation can be extended to your friends or family. So if you know people who have a lot of supermarket shopping to do this Christmas, please share this post with them. Grocery shopping at this time of year can be expensive, which makes savings all the more sweet.
Terms & Conditions for mySupermarket’s VIP programme
Receive £5 Cashback towards each delivery charge you pay on all orders placed via mySupermarket through December 31, 2013.
· A fixed rate of £5 will be paid after your receipt has been validated, regardless of the actual delivery charge. This fixed rate is higher than the average delivery charged paid by mySupermarket users over the last 12 months.
· The promotion will be offered by mySupermarket to selected users.
· You must spend at least £50 on your shop, exclusive of delivery fees, in order to be eligible.
· In order to receive the Cashback, you must email a scan of your final receipt showing the delivery charges paid toVIP@mysupermarket.co.uk
· The promotion is limited to a total of £25 per household, per month. The promotion may be cancelled at any time, at our sole discretion, and without advance notice.